Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nope, not home yet . . .

Been up since 4:00am (longer if you count the restless sleep most of us had). I am sitting here at 11:30pm in the Marriot waiting for housekeeping to bring a crib for Lukas who had only one 45 minute nap today.

We were fried yesterday so I don't know what that makes us today. I think we are in good spirits. Moral could be higher but we are trying to make the best of it.

Basically, they canceled our flight due to a problem with an overhead compartment. That's the rumor that reached our ears, anyway. Could have done without putting carryon's in that one, if you ask me. But nobody asked me. Instead they offered us a hotel, some food vouchers and a flight back in the morning. 6:30am. We will be in Kelowna by 8:00am, Lord willing.

But yeah, don't cease praying. It has actually been a hard journey home for all of us. Brad is exhausted, Barb has caught a cold (can't talk and can barely hear), the boys are tired, Tracy & Sam just want to get home as do Angela and I.

Well, the playpen is here and I gotta try and get as much sleep in this four hour window as I can. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a happy memory: these are some of the inmates we spent time with at a high security prison. They are attending a Bible College in the prison. We went to encourage them but I think we were the ones encouraged . . .

No comments: